YouCam partners with fashion house for New York Fashion Week AR looks
- Perfect Corp, the developer of augmented reality (AR) camera filters for cosmetics brands, partnered with independent fashion house Flying Solo NYC to create virtual looks for this year's New York Fashion Week. Perfect's YouCam Makeup app has two new looks from this season's fashion show, along with two looks from prior years, the company announced in a press release.
- YouCam and Flying Solo will stream a live event in the YouCam Makeup app on September 11 at 8 p.m. EST with behind-the-scenes coverage of the Flying Solo NYC runway show. The coverage will also include more than 70 independent designers showing off their fashions on the catwalk.
- YouCam is the official media partner for Flying Solo NYC's fall fashion show. YouCam Makeup is available for free download on the App Store and Google Play.
The partnership with Flying Solo is the latest example of how beauty, live entertainment and mobile technology are proving to be an alluring mix, especially when connecting with younger consumers who are more likely to tune into livestreams or other mobile content. This type of engagement could lead to more meaningful interactions with beauty fans while also helping marketers glean valuable insights from these consumers at in-person events or on the go.
Perfect's YouCam apps reach a potential audience of hundreds of millions of people worldwide with virtual makeup try-ons that help beauty consumers test out and share new looks through the convenience of a smartphone. Flying Solo NYC is the latest brand to collaborate with Perfect, as L'Oréal's Lancôme Paris brand did with a similar makeup AR experience last October. The partnership is an opportunity for Flying Solo to expand its brand, from the fashionistas at New York Fashion Week to a wider tech-savvy audience at home.
Flying Solo, which was founded by jewelry designer Elizabeth Solomeina, is notable as a boutique that combines the creative efforts of dozens of independent fashion brands. Last year for New York Fashion Week, the group held a runway show at its store that showed more than 350 looks.
L'Oréal, Covergirl and Coty this year have ramped up their use of AR technology in various ways, including virtual try-ons with live consultations and other virtual makeup sampling features. L'Oréal demonstrated its commitment to the technology with its March acquisition of beauty tech startup Modiface. The Modiface purchase marked the first time that L'Oréal bought a tech company after years of acquiring beauty brands like Redken, Kiehl's and Matrix.
- Perfect Corp. / Business Wire YouCam Makeup & Flying Solo Kick Off NYFW with a One-of-a-Kind AR Beauty Experience Bringing This Season’s Runway Looks to Life
- Mobile Marketer YouCam drives personalized beauty consultations with live advisers
- The New York Times For Indie Designers, Uniting Is a Survival Skill