YouCam brings in-store AR sampling to beauty retailers
- Augmented reality (AR) developer Perfect expanded its suite of YouCam apps to target retailers that want to provide virtual try-ons of makeup to in-store shoppers. The YouCam for Business app works as an in-store AR mirror that can demonstrate more than 100 products instantly, the company announced.
- The YouCam for Business app comes with a content management system called Perfect Console to help retailers analyze data that can help them tailor business decisions. The enterprise app has artificial intelligence (AI) features including Advanced AI Skin Analysis, AI Smart Shade Foundation Finder and 360-degree Live Hair Color Tryouts.
- YouCam's new business app is available to download from Apple's App Store and Google Play.
Perfect's latest enterprise app demonstrates how the company has evolved from a developer of consumer apps that let mobile users try on virtual makeup into an enterprise solution for retailers. By providing software as a service (SaaS), Perfect can deepen its relationships with retailers that drive the $48.3 billion makeup industry worldwide. The company claims that it helps retailers boost their shopping-basket sizes and conversions while reducing product returns, as customers can be more confident in their purchases after virtually sampling them.
In January, Perfect teamed up with Ulta Beauty and Cosmopolitan magazine for online and in-store rollouts of its latest technology. Perfect's "Beauty 3.0" suite includes AI product recommendations, a makeup shade matcher, skin diagnostics and live hair multicolor effects. During the 2018 holiday season, the tech company introduced an editing app called YouCam Video to help mobile users create customized content to share on social media, further extending YouCam's reach and helping consumers grow more comfortable with virtual beauty try-ons.
Perfect has previously worked with dozens of brands on virtual try-ons for cosmetics and hair coloring. Direct-to-consumer hair color brand Madison Reed and Jerome Russell brand Punky Colour last year partnered with Perfect to show off their products to mobile users. Perfect has also worked with Juicy Couture, Estée Lauder, Lancôme Paris, Maybelline and Flying Solo, among others, on AR beauty tools to enhance both in-store and at-home experimentation.
- Perfect Corp. / Business Wire YouCam Introduces In-Store AR Try-on Solution for Beauty Retail with New "YouCam for Business" App
- Mobile Marketer Ulta blends with Perfect for in-store beauty try-ons
- Retail Dive YouCam Makeup combines AI, AR for Beauty 3.0