5 tips for managing complex mobile marketing assets
By Eric Barroca
Intricate mobile marketing campaigns can consist of large and complex volumes of digital assets that must be managed and leveraged with both sophistication and simplicity. Gone are the days of linear mobile campaigns.
Now, content, media and mobile marketing assets must be optimized and personalized with precision to generate the best engagement and results.
Take the massive asset management requirements of a global advertising agency, as an example.
The agency needs to both control and manage mobile marketing assets that have been customized to suit hundreds of local markets.
Mobile marketing assets – from pictures and videos to creative files and other digital media – require proper distribution to target audiences around the world.
Efficient and granular controls must be put into place to manage and monitor the go-to-market timing across respective demographics and targets using policy-based controls and enriched data.
To achieve this careful orchestration, strategic mobile marketing organizations are adopting advanced digital asset strategies that can unlock the full value of their content, even of the most hidden assets, while optimizing their financial efficiency.
By leveraging digital asset management solutions, mobile marketing organizations can enable digital transformation while bringing new value to all of its campaign stakeholders.
Consider the following five mobile marketing tips for engaging in a next-generation digital asset management strategy.
1. Go beyond just managing files. File management is limiting and creates boundaries that will inhibit your marketing goals as well as new opportunities coming from the digital transformation.
When you can think beyond managing and retaining just content and media files, you will be able actually get value from all of your digital assets throughout your mobile campaigns.
This will eliminate friction, drive new revenue streams and potentially create modern business models. It will also prevent file-centric workflow limitations and barriers, enabling a more dynamic object data model for robust engagement.
2. Capitalize on the full potential of digital assets. When you break free of your file-centric approach limitations and leverage the power of all of your digital assets, you can more efficiently and powerfully embed them deeply within your mobile marketing processes.
This will unlock new opportunities for digital asset usage and enable their policy-based use through specific programs that may not have otherwise had access to this valuable content.
3. Drive continuous innovation. By adopting a mobile content management strategy that allows you to continuously iterate, adapt and innovate, you will be able to change at the speed of business, and keep one step ahead of your customer demands.
Quickly embrace new workflows, business processes or knowledge sharing that leverage valuable digital assets for greater mobile marketing conversions.
Choose a modern digital asset platform that can scale with your growth and be ready for your future needs.
4. Revitalize existing systems. Embracing an advanced digital asset strategy does not mean you need to toss out your existing technology.
Evaluate how you can best maximize your current IT investments and layer advanced digital asset and content intelligence on top of it. This will speed your time to digital transformation, while keeping employees happy and productive as they continue to use the products they already know, such as Google Docs or Adobe CC, for example.
5. Exploit cloud-grade elasticity. The more scalable and agile your content and digital asset solution is, the more prepared you can be for the future.
Build your asset management solution to support cloud-grade elasticity with the capacity for billions of objects and an unlimited number of properties and attributes.
This will ensure that your solution is built for the modern cloud world, with the flexibility to support any new mobile marketing demand that you may have into the future.