E-commerce beauty platform Thirteen Lune is opening its first brick-and-mortar store in Los Angeles sometime in early 2023, according to details shared with Retail Dive.
The store will be located at 120 N Larchmont Blvd.
The platform, which was co-founded by Nyakio Grieco and Patrick Herning in 2020, focuses on showcasing Black- and Brown-founded beauty brands. The company’s assortment of featured brands is 90% “created by BIPOC founders,” with the other 10% “exemplifying allyship,” per the email.
"We’re thrilled to bring the beauty of inclusion to life in our hometown of Los Angeles with the opening of the Thirteen Lune flagship. Shoppers of all backgrounds will have the opportunity to discover beauty brands created by Black and Brown founders in this experiential, community-driven retail hub,” Grieco said in a statement. “We entered brick and mortar through our shop-in-shop partnership with J.C. Penney which has allowed us to bring hyper-inclusive beauty to diverse audiences nationwide. With our flagship, we are furthering our omnichannel approach, and will engage the Los Angeles community at a local level in a format that goes far beyond the typical beauty store model."
J.C. Penney launched a beauty concept initially with Thirteen Lune last October, called J.C. Penney Beauty, which acts as a beauty hub both online and in stores for the department store. In September, J.C. Penney announced it was going to expand its venture nationwide by the spring of 2023.