At TYR, we’re more than a community, we’re a team–and our team loves a good perk. In addition to convenient LIRR shuttle service to and from the Farmingdale train station, TYR Sport offers competitive compensation, medical and dental benefits and a matching 401k plan.
Our collaborative work atmosphere provides an innovative environment for professional growth and is teeming with the best combination of both athletic and creative talent. Companywide we promote a neat, yet relaxed dress code. Not only does every employee receive an apparel voucher, but we also score discounts on all TYR products. What can we say… we love to sport our gear both in and out of the office!
As a brand we are dedicated to helping people lead healthy and active lives, and our employees are no exception. At TYR we each enjoy earned paid time off, as well as summer Fridays! In order to remain “Always in Front” we believe in the importance of proper work life balance.
Named for TYR, the Norse god of warriors, our company is committed to cultivating a culture of greatness, both in and out of the water. Through vision, pursuit and American ingenuity, we have become a brand synonymous with the athlete.
Like all athletes we work with an intense spirit of competition, but unlike the others, we refuse to stop there. From the planning stages to the production floor, everything we do revolves around synthesizing creativity, experience and sheer will power. For us, engineering the fastest, most advanced performance products is more than just a goal, it’s a requirement.
At TYR, we’re always in front.
Founded in Huntington Beach, CA by swimwear designer Joseph DiLorenzo (current owner) and 1972 Olympic Bronze Medalist Steve Furniss, TYR Sport was established in 1985 to provide the competitive swim market with vibrant, performance-driven prints. Since its inception three decades ago, TYR has grown to exist as one of the world’s most recognizable swimming and triathlon brands.
With global distributors and an international following, TYR remains dedicated to building the industry’s most durable, uniquely designed swimsuits, cutting edge equipment and innovative caps and goggles. On a relentless path to push the limits of sportswear we not only reimagine technologies for enhanced competitive performance, but also embrace lifestyle markets to accommodate athletes and water enthusiasts at every level.
TYR Sport, Inc. has an opening for an experienced Demand Planner to effectively manage inventory through forecasting, planning, and best practices.
We are seeking a hands-on professional who will be responsible for developing and executing forecasts and inventory plans that will enable us to meet sales and service objectives. Collaboration with other members of the supply chain, sales, and customer support teams will be paramount to achieve these objectives.
- Inventory and trend analysis to predict and forecast product planning and sales objectives
- Reviews sales trends, researches demand drivers and evaluates forecast results
- Adjusts the demand plan to support promotions, new product introductions and supply chain strategies
- Analyzes cause and effect, and recommends corrective action
- Works with business partners to resolve discrepancies between sales forecasts and demand forecasts
- Develops a customer demand forecast which incorporates current and accurate market information that allows the company to correctly predict customer demand and provide its supply chain with the appropriate information to plan how to meet that customer demand.
- Develop relationships amongst, sales, marketing and finance, which will lead to effective knowledge sharing and an optimal consensus forecast to better guide the company.
- Refine systems and methods to continually improve forecasts so that the company can better anticipate customer needs.
- Develop, write and maintain policies and procedures to optimize efficiency in areas of purchasing, forecasting, and inventory management
- 4 plus years demand planning experience within a growing organization
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, finance or related field
- Experience creating forecasts without a formal demand planning system
- Advanced Excel skills
- Ability to clearly communicate results both verbally and in written form
- Must be a self-starter who can build systems/processes, from the ground up
- Strong analytical, organizational, decision making and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively interact with all teams, areas and levels of business affecting the forecast process
- Experience related to apparel or sporting industry preferred
Please apply with your resume, cover letter and salary requirement to [email protected]. Job ID to reference DPrd.
This position is based in Farmingdale, NY, on Long Island. Please consider the commute to our location prior to applying.