Columbia College Chicago's Fashion Studies Department seeks a tenured or tenure-track Assistant or Associate Professor with professional practice and/or academic research investigation in one or more or the following:
- Product development
- Global fashion
- Alternative fashion (prosthetics, plus-size, androgynous, etc.)
- Street wear/ culture
- Trend research and the diffusion of innovations
- User Experience
Candidates with one or more of the above areas of expertise should be technologically savvy and informed by and able to teach design thinking and design anthropology across diverse course contexts. This individual should possess a proclivity toward and appetite for interdisciplinary collaboration and be motivated by and invested in envisioning and crafting the future of fashion in dialogue with industry channels and merchandising colleagues. The candidate should be an experienced and charismatic teacher, a community-minded individual who works well with colleagues with diverse backgrounds and experiences, and possess a record of creating and realizing dynamic curricular and extracurricular experiences in alignment with Columbia College Chicago's Strategic Plan.
- Master's degree or higher in a program-relevant content area, preferably complemented by professional experience in the field
- Distinguished scholarly and/or creative track record and/or future promise of the same
- Demonstrated ability to engage and foster a diverse learning environment for students, faculty, and staff and to help shape curriculum reflective of a culturally diverse global environment that considers issues of race, class, gender, and all of their intersecting realities
Ability to start work on January 1, 2018 or August 1, 2018
To ensure consideration, please include a Letter of Interest, CV, Creative Portfolio or Academic Writing Sample in your submission.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled for a January or August start date.
At Columbia, we offer a rewarding work environment for our faculty and staff. We take pride in offering competitive benefits with affordable health, dental and vision coverage; flexible spending accounts; commuter benefit program, life and accidental, death & dismemberment coverage; paid and unpaid leave options; work/life benefits; educational assistance programs; and retirement and financial planning benefits.
We invite you to join our talented faculty and staff and become part of our collective aspiration to ensure Columbia prepares students for success in their creative fields through innovation, engagement and real-world experiences.
Position subject to a background screening.
This is a non-union position.
Qualified candidates of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Columbia College Chicago is an EEO Employer